Senior Software Developer (m/f), 38,5 hr/week, Vienna or Linz Jumio is the leading global online identity verification company that helps businesses reduce fraud and increase revenue while providing a seamless customer experience. Jumio uses computer vision technology, machine learning and live verification experts to verify credentials (e.g., passports, ID cards, etc.) and to verify a user’s real-world identity in seconds. Jumio’s products are used by clients in the financial services, sharing economy, retail, travel and online gaming sectors. Are you ready for working in a company awarded Austrian start-up of the year 2016.
At Jumio we offer you
- the opportunity to work in a collaborative and trusting environment allowing you to turn your ideas into reality
- be part in an international and strong team, where each and every member’s opinion matters enjoy lunchtime BBQ´s and table soccer matches with your international colleagues
- have flexible working hours, home office and learning & development opportunities
- manage a personal training and team budget make use of discounted gym membership, massages, fruits and beverages and much more.
Responsibilities of this role
- Be part of a cross functional team to work on continuous improvement of our systems with innovative technologies
- Collaborate closely with the team to get features working from requirements/analysis through the development process into the production environment
- Work with Product Managers to clarify and prioritize work, with QA Engineers to maintain and improve quality, and with DevOps engineers to support operational and troubleshooting work
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluate new tools
- Define and use with your team best practices to produce new features in the most effective way while continuously improving quality of existing systems
Skills and Experience for this role
- Have solid experience with Java, Spring (Core/Boot/Security/MVC/Data), REST (principles and hands on experience with at least 1 framework), SQL (able to write performant queries against 100M+ tables), Git, Maven/Gradle, JPA, Design Patterns
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in software development.
- Be able to work with PM/QA/DevOps as equal partners throughout the whole lifecycle of the feature/product, from inception till operating & maintaining it Be able to write good quality & secure code, preferably be familiar with static code analysis tools
- Have excellent analytical, conceptual and communications skills in spoken and written English.
- Be someone who wants to learn constantly, and be capable of abstract thinking while having a structured approach to work with a hands-on mentality
- Enjoy working in a self-organizing team environment
- Fast learner, high capacity for abstract thinking & structured approach to work plus a hands-on mentality & international mindset
What other skills & experience we would also be really delighted about (any of the following)
- AWS experience PostgreSQL experience, esp. performance tuning PCI experience
- Experience with any of the following: docker, Kafka, microservices architecture (hands on), Spring Cloud, Redis, Python Deep knowledge of Java 8 features
- Machine learning/Deep learning/Computer Vision experience
We offer an annual full-time salary (38,5hr week) of minimum 54,000 € gross with a possible overpayment depending on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested, please apply online at https://www.jumio.com/careers/