Who we are
Bitpanda is Europe’s leading digital asset platform (Bitcoin & Altcoins) and one of the fastest growing FinTechs. We have the vision of creating an ecosystem that allows a simple entry for beginners and an optimised usability for the advanced users. For this, we constantly work on new innovations and see ourselves as pioneers for the future financial and payment industry. To achieve our visions of the future, we work closely with financial services, banks and several trading platforms. Bitpanda is a visionary and rapidly expanding Start-Up, which is why we are looking for highly motivated and tech-savvy team members, who share our vision and choose to help and shape the future of the emerging FinTech industry.
Field of activity
- The right candidates show a strong focus for both functional and non-functional requirements such as responsiveness, resilience and fault-tolerance of Java applications.
- You want to work with the next-generation Java application stacks and some of the most performant messaging solutions currently available.
- At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be assigned to an agile team. We are building a full-stack solution from scratch.
- If you are looking for a position that will be both challenging and rewarding in equal measures then Bitpanda is the right place to work.
What you should offer
- Excellent Java8 OO and/or FP skills
- Stream processing and message-driven programming
- Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
- Appreciation for writing asynchronous non-blocking code
- Git and Maven build tools ecosystem
- Integration and development with Docker
- JVM tuning and performance profiling
- Optional: Experience with Apache Kafka
- Optional: Vert.X and SpringBoot
- Optional: Reactive Streams, RxJava or similar
- Optional: Knowledge of administering PostgreSQL
- Optional: Websockets
- Advantageous: AWS and DevOps knowledge
What we offer
- A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
- An ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualification
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Exciting and challenging projects, which offer room for your creative ideas
- Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
- Very good working atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Free softdrinks in our office in Vienna 1070